Wednesday 5 September 2012

Review: Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Daily Cleanser.

You may remember that I bought the Rare Earth Deep Pore Daily Cleanser when the Kiehl's Chatswood Chase first opened. No? I don't blame you, because I wrote about that a month ago - this really shows how bottlenecked I am in my blog post backlog. 

You may also remember that I have a less than friendly relationship with facial exfoliators, and have been faithful to my Kosmea Daily Facial Exfoliant, the lone rose among the many exfoliants I've tried. I don't want to be premature (not that I really am because this post is way overdue), but I think I may actually love this Kiehl's find even more! 

 
This exfoliator is a dream for those with sensitive skin like yours truly. The formula is mildly foaming, and is made of such purifying and soothing ingredients as Amazonian White Clay (which also helps reduce the appearance of pores), Aloe Barbadenis, and Diatomaceus Earth (try saying that five times really quickly). It does say it's specifically formulated for normal to oily skin types, but this dry skinned girl has not gone dryer from using this baby. 

This is a really gentle exfoliator, and I find that a tiny dollop (about the size of your pinky nail) is enough to cover your face AND neck. Economical for the win! Gently massage it in a circular motion (try to move in an upward and outward direction) for best results. The cleanser is ridiculously true to its claim of being non-stripping - my skin feels as smooth as a baby's bottom afterwards. 

The best thing about it is that I can use it in the shower! In fact, the lovely sales assistant at Kiehl's TOLD me to use it whilst in the shower. And who am I to disobey?! I was also told that it's not a problem to use it everyday, but I'm extremely risk-averse so I use it every 2-3 days.

A 150ml bottle of Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Daily Cleanser can be yours for AU$30, making it a no-brainer. It is really good value for money considering how little you need per use. 

What gentle exfoliators do you swear by? I swear by this one, so give it a go!

2 comments:

  1. I'm always on the lookout for a good exfoliating product for my sensitive/dry skin. Will definitely be trying this one out. Thanks for the recommendation :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I hope it works as well for you as it does for me :)

      Delete