Monday 7 November 2011

Lust-Haves: I'm on a Boat.

On Saturday, Mother Nature gave us Sydney-siders a preview of what Summer will be like. Cloudless blue skies, soaring temperature, a light breeze. Mother Nature also gave little ol' me something called a sunburn, because she obviously thought I needed a little bit of colour. Getting to see beautiful artworks as part of the annual Sculptures by the Sea was totally worth the lobster-esque "tan" I am sporting, though. 


With Summer just around the corner, my wardrobe is still sadly lacking in the swimwear department. I promise I am not just looking for an excuse to shop - girls, we all know what a pain swimsuit shopping is, so you believe me when I say I need a bikini? Yes? 

Not to brag about it or anything (and it really shouldn't be something I should advertise on a public space like this blog), but I do have, um, assets, that make it a tad more difficult to find the perfect swimsuit. And when it comes to choosing shapes and prints to flatter certain body types, there are a lot of conflicting messages out there; some say stripes minimise your curves, while some insist they make you wider. Confusing advice aside, bikinis are something that I cannot bear to buy without trying on, and I practically only shop online!

So instead of being realistic (not that I am most of the time), this week's list is based on the delusion assumption that I have Gisele Bunchen's body. 

  
(L-R) La Vita D Cup Skirted Malliot (AU $179.95)
Sophia Bandeau (AUD $99.95) and Hipster Tie Side (AU $69.95)
Tea Rose Bustier Malliot (AU $179.95)

Romance (in Sherbet/White)
Waterfront (in Primrose)

 
Diane von Furstenberg Rochelle Print One Piece (US $161)
Tibi Pyramids Ikat Bikini Top (US $97) and Bottoms (US $95)

We Are Handsome The Anchorage Printed Halterneck Bikini (US $230)
Mara Hoffman Embroidered Bandeau Bikini (US $275)

 
Clube Bossa One-Shoulder Bikini (US $510)
Babajaan Stela Halterneck Swimsuit (US $210)

 
Fiorella Set Bow High-Waisted Bikini by Seventh Wonderland (AU $230)
Arabella Buckle Bikini by Seventh Wonderland (AU $240)

Lust.

No comments:

Post a Comment