Monday 3 October 2011

Lust-Haves: Tick Tock.

What's this you're reading? As your eyes shift between the clock and the date stamp on this post, you're probably thinking, "is this real life?" I know it's hard to believe, but for the first time in 3 weeks, I am bringing a Lust-Haves list, ON TIME. And on that note, boy do I have the most ironic and appropriate list to show you. 

Being a 9-5 working gal now, I am on the lookout for "grown-up" accessories to elevate me from a uni student image to looking more like someone who can travel on business class. Besides cultivating a work wardrobe, getting a leather handbag and some killer (but modest) bling, one "rites of passage" item is the watch. The "work watch" is not only an important fashion tool to help you stay on schedule and prevent tardiness, but it also makes a statement about the state of your life - "Yeah I'm no longer writing essays til 5 in the morning...I have a salary and a high quality breeding partner to find." (Individual statements may vary).

(L-R) Marc by Marc Jacobs Black Round Face Watch (£150.00)
Nixon Newton Watch (US$100)

Swatch Style YSS258 (US$90)
Gucci Stainless Steel, Satin and Diamond Watch (£604.17)

Movada Medium "Bold" Watch (US$495)
Ted Baker Women's Right on Time Classic Square Diamond 
Cut Case Analog Watch TE2062 (US$95)

As you can probably tell by now, my style is classic with a modern edge. I like simple designs, but am still partial to a quirk here and there (a la the Nixon watch). Because of my sensitive skin, I'm not a big fan of metal/chain style wristbands; I prefer not to develop heinous skin rashes every time I sweat, thank you very much.

Lust. 

No comments:

Post a Comment